Xamarin 4 Workshop code now available!
Here is the source-code links and additional resources for the Xamarin 4 Worshop that I presented on January 13th, 2006. Thanks everyone for attending!
Xamarin 4 Workshop
Getting Xamarin installed
Install Xamarin platform.
For Windows/Mac: https://xamarin.com/download
Or you can get it by installing Visual Studio 2015
Visual Studio 2015: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx
Recommended Emulators for Android
Xamarin Android Player
Developing a Xamarin.Forms app from scratch
In Visual Studio:
– New Project -> Installed -> Visual C# -> Cross-Platform -> Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable)
In Xamarin Studio:
– File -> New -> Solution -> Cross-platform -> App -> Xamarin.Forms App (Use Portable Class Library)
Let’s inspect the App.cs main code that which is responsible for supporting the UI for all the platforms running our app:
By doing so will get:
- A Xamarin.Forms project for sharing XAML/C# code between platforms
- Android project referencing Xamarin.Forms
- iOS project
- UWP project
Let’s set the project structure to be used later in this tutorial:
Hello World, Xamarin.Forms!
This is the single code shared across those platforms:
Adding more pages to the app with MasterDetailPage
- Adding a Menu
- Basic Controls page
- Introducing App.xaml
- Customizing your app (aka ResourceDictionary/Styles)